Blueberry Crumble Bars
Many different fruits can be substituted for the blueberries. Any seasonal fresh fruit will work well in these bars; just chop large fruit like apples in small pieces.
Serves: 24Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hour 5 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cup sugar, divided
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup white chocolate chips
- 1½ Tbsp. cornstarch
- 4 cups blueberries
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Grease 13" × 9" pan.
- Mix 1 cup sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and lemon zest. Cut in butter and beaten egg until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Press half of mixture in bottom of pan. Top with white chocolate chips.
- Stir together cornstarch, remaining ½ cup sugar, blueberries, and lemon juice. Spoon blueberry mixture evenly over crust.
- Sprinkle remaining crumb mixture on top. Bake 45–50 minutes. Cool completely. Cut into bars.