Blueberry Fruit Spread
A natural fruit spread can, of course, be spread around. Think about using a dollop of this blueberry fruit spread on top of a bowl of fresh fruit or melon balls.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 tsp. unflavored gelatin
- ¼ cup water
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- ½ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- Combine gelatin and ¼ cup water in a small bowl. Stir well and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan, combine blueberries, ½ cup water, sugar, and lemon juice.
- Heat over medium-high heat and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer uncovered for about 8 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Remove saucepan from heat. Add gelatin. Stir until gelatin is completely dissolved.
- Cool to room temperature. Pour into a pint glass jar or 2 half pints. Cover tightly. Keep refrigerated.