Blueberry-Lime Coconut Bread
This moist quick bread is fragrant and delicious.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 1 hour 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup coconut flour
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1⁄2 tsp. baking soda
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄8 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 1⁄4 cup coconut oil
- 1 1⁄4 cups buttermilk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. grated lime zest
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray a loaf pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- Spread coconut flour on a dry baking sheet. Bake in oven until lightly toasted and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from the oven, transfer to a large bowl, and allow to cool completely.
- Add the all-purpose flour, granulated sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg to the bowl. Set aside.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the coconut oil, egg, vanilla, and buttermilk. The coconut oil will not mix completely and there will be lumps. Add the coconut oil mixture to the flour and mix until just combined. Gently fold in blueberries.
- Pour batter into the prepared pan. Bake 45 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean. Cool 5 minutes, then remove from pan and cool on a wire rack at least 30 minutes.
- In a small bowl, mix together the lime juice and confectioners’ sugar until smooth. Drizzle the glaze over the loaf.