Blueberry and Mixed Greens Salad with Wild Blueberry Dressing
One of the hottest trends in restaurants today is adding fruit to salads. Consider adding cooked chicken breast and making this your evening or lunchtime meal.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 cup puréed wild blueberries
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 Tbsp. sesame seeds
- 1 Tbsp. poppy seeds
- 1 tsp. onion powder
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 3 cups mixed greens
- 1⁄3 cup candied pecans
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled goat cheese
- 2⁄3 cup fresh blueberries
- To make dressing, in a large bowl, add blueberry purée, sugar, sesame seeds, poppy seeds, onion powder, paprika, vegetable oil, and vinegar, and whisk until combined.
- Place greens in salad bowl and top with remaining ingredients. Drizzle on dressing.