This basic muffin recipe can be used to make different muffins by substituting blackberries, raspberries, cranberries, chocolate chips, peaches, or pecans for the blueberries. Add orange zest to the cranberry, lemon zest to the blueberry, or chopped hazelnuts to the chocolate chip for more variety.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- ⅔ cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup whole milk
- 6 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1½ cups fresh or frozen blueberries
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Grease a 12-cup muffin tin or line it with fluted paper cups.
- Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl using a whisk.
- Combine eggs, milk, butter, and vanilla in another bowl using a whisk.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients; then fold in blueberries with a spatula. Fill muffin cups with the batter, distributing the batter evenly.
- Sprinkle tops with additional sugar. Bake 15 minutes.