These are a healthy and delicious way to get a serving of fruit in your breakfast or brunch. You will get some caramelization from the sugar and fruit—it’s delicious. Top with more berries and whipped cream.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1⁄2 pint blueberries
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. grated orange zest
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. melted butter
- 1 Tbsp. wheat-free baking powder
- 1 large banana, peeled
- 1 cup rice flour
- 1 1⁄2 Tbsp. cold butter
- In a bowl, mix the berries, sugar, and orange zest. Set aside
- In the bowl of a food processor, process the milk, eggs, and melted butter together. Slowly add the baking powder, banana, and flour and process until smooth.
- Heat a griddle over medium heat. Add cold butter. Pour a half-cupful of pancake batter on the hot griddle and spoon some berries on top. When bubbles rise to the top of the cakes, flip them over and brown on the other side. Repeat with the remaining batter and berries.