Blueberry Peach Sherbet
The combination of blueberries and peaches makes one of the tastiest sherbets available. It screams of summer, but can be made in the dead of winter from frozen fruit, should you need a quick vacation!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 2 peaches, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 1 cup water
- ⅓ cup heavy cream
- Rinse the blueberries, but do not dry. Add to a medium bowl with the chopped peaches. Drizzle with the lemon juice and 2 tablespoons of the sugar. Cover and set aside while making the syrup.
- Place the remaining sugar and the water in a small saucepan; stir over medium heat until all of the sugar is dissolved. Allow to cool.
- Place the blueberry-peach mixture in a food processor, and purée until smooth. Press through a strainer to remove seeds, if desired. Stir into the sugar syrup.
- In a separate bowl, whip the cream to stiff peaks, then fold into the blueberry-peach mixture.
- Add to ice cream maker and follow manufacturer’s instructions for freezing.