Blueberries and lemon are the classic combination that make up this pie filling. This is an excellent pie to bake in the summer, when blueberries are in season, and to serve with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 Pillsbury Refrigerated Pie Crusts
- 5 cups fresh blueberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp. grated lemon zest
- 4 Tbsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. butter, cut in pieces
- 1 Tbsp. sugar for sprinkling on crust
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line pie pan with one circle of pie dough.
- Mix blueberries with sugar, lemon juice, lemon zest, and cornstarch, and put them in the pie shell. Dot blueberries with butter pieces.
- Cover the blueberries with the other pie dough circle, crimp the edges to seal, and cut slits in the top. Sprinkle with sugar and bake for 50 minutes. Cool before slicing.