This scone recipe features a lemon glaze that provides a pleasantly tart flavor, finished with a touch of cinnamon.
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups Simple Truth Organic™ Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Simple Truth Organic™ Ground Saigon Cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup Simple Truth™ Unsalted Butter, cold
- 1⁄2 cup plus 3 Tbsp. heavy cream, divided
- 1 large egg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
- 1 1⁄4 cups blueberries
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Coarse sugar, for sprinkling on tops
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Adjust baking rack to middle-low position. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl, whisk flour, sugar, baking powder, cinnamon and salt. Add cold butter to flour mixture, then use pastry cutter to blend. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk cream, egg and vanilla together. Drizzle it over flour mixture and combine mixture together with a rubber spatula until everything appears moistened. Gently fold in blueberries, but don’t overwork dough.
- With floured hands, work dough into a ball and transfer to prepared baking pan. Press into a neat 8” disc; cut into 8 equal wedges with a sharp knife. Sprinkle coarse sugar on top.
- Separate scones so there is a little space between each one. Bake 20-25 minutes until lightly golden and cooked through. Remove from oven and cool for a few minutes.
- For the glaze: Whisk together 1 cup powdered sugar, 3 tablespoons heavy cream and ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract. Brush or drizzle lightly over scones right before serving.