Made from whole milk, fromage blanc has a texture similar to cream cheese. If unavailable, yogurt made from whole milk can be used as a substitute.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 4 eggs, separated
- ¼ tsp. cream of tartar
- 6 Tbsp. granulated sugar, divided
- 2½ oz. fromage blanc
- 8 fresh mint leaves, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 375°. Prepare 4 individual soufflé molds.
- Rinse the blueberries and drain. In a food processor or blender, purée the blueberries with the lemon juice.
- Use a blender to beat the egg whites until they begin to stiffen. Beat in the cream of tartar. Beat in 4 tablespoons sugar.
- Stir the fromage blanc into the blueberries. Carefully fold the blueberry mixture into the egg whites. Spoon the mixture into the soufflé dishes. Bake the soufflés until they are golden and firm (about 15 minutes). Dust with the remaining 2 tablespoons of sugar. Garnish each dish with 2 fresh mint leaves.