Blueberry Streusel Muffins
Save to My Recipes
Sweet muffins with delicious bursts of tart blueberry are great out of the oven or packed for a picnic the next day. The sweet streusel makes these muffins extra special and extra sweet!
Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 28 minutes
- ⅓ cup plain lowfat yogurt
- ½ cup plus 2 Tbsp. maple sugar, divided
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ cup unsweetened almond milk
- ¼ tsp. lemon zest
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- 1 cup plus 1 Tbsp. white spelt flour, divided
- ½ cup fresh blueberries
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter, diced
- Preheat oven to 375°F and place 12 muffin liners in a muffin pan.
- In a medium bowl, mix together yogurt, ½ cup maple sugar, egg, vanilla, almond milk, and lemon zest. When combined, mix in the baking powder, salt, and 1 cup flour.
- Gently fold in the blueberries.
- In a separate bowl, create the crumb topping by mixing 2 tablespoons maple sugar, 1 tablespoon flour, cinnamon, and diced butter.
- Pour batter into prepared muffin tin and spoon the crumb topping over the top. Bake for 18 minutes or until tops become golden brown.