Scrumptious blueberry pie gets a healthy makeover in this recipe. Skip the sugar and let the sweetness of the blueberries speak for itself.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 3 hours 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3 dates, pitted
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 3 cups blueberries
- 1 tsp. tapioca starch
- 1 prepared pie crust, pressed into tart pan and pre-baked
- In a blender, combine dates and coconut milk, and blend until emulsified and thickened.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, bring date mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, add blueberries and tapioca starch, and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove saucepan from heat and let cool for 5–10 minutes.
- Pour blueberry mixture into prepared tart shell. Let set in refrigerator for at least 3 hours, or overnight.