Blueberry Waffle Cakes
Nondairy milks such as rice, oat, almond, or soy milk will work well with baked goods. They are equivalent to a 2% dairy milk in consistency.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups blueberries, divided
- 2 Tbsp. plus 2 cups spelt flour, divided
- 1½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 cup soy milk
- 1 large egg
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- Toss 1 cup blueberries in 2 tablespoons spelt flour; set aside.
- Combine 2 cups spelt flour, baking soda, salt, soy milk, and agave syrup in a blender; purée until smooth. Pour batter into a bowl; gently stir in blueberries.
- Pour ¼–⅓ cup batter onto heated waffle iron; cook until steam diminishes, about 1–2 minutes.
- Serve waffles with remaining blueberries.