Blueberry Yogurt Crumble
Buckle is an old-fashioned term for a fruit-filled coffee cake with streusel topping.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- ¼ tsp. nutmeg
- 1 stick, plus 2 Tbsp. butter, softened
- 1½ cups brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 2½ cups flour
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- ½ tsp. lemon zest
- 2 cups fresh blueberries (frozen may be substituted)
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease and flour a 9" × 13" baking pan. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl. Blend 2 tablespoons butter into sugar mixture with a fork. Large crumbs will form.
- In a medium mixing bowl, cream remaining butter and brown sugar with electric mixer. Add egg, mixing well. Stir baking soda into flour in a measuring cup. Reduce mixer speed, adding flour gradually, scraping sides of bowl as necessary.
- When flour is well blended, add yogurt, vanilla, and lemon zest. Mix well at medium speed for 4 minutes.
- Pour batter into prepared pan. Sprinkle fresh blueberries over top, pressing them very lightly into batter. Sprinkle crumbly topping across top. Bake for 45 minutes. Cool on a rack. Serve warm.