This is a bit messy, so make sure everyone knows it’s a casual supper. Serve with crusty bread, a green salad, and hand towels.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 1 hour 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 6 lbs. live crawfish
- 4 cloves garlic, peeled and sliced
- 1 large stalk celery, cut in half
- 1 large carrot, peeled and cut in half
- 1 medium onion, peeled and quartered
- 1 tsp. hot sauce
- 1 tsp. Creole seasoning
- 2 cups dry white wine
- 1 tsp. salt
- Bring a big pot of water, large enough to hold the crawfish, to a rolling boil. Add garlic, celery, carrot, and onion and boil for 20 minutes.
- Add hot sauce, Creole seasoning, white wine, and salt; cook for another 15 minutes.
- Add live crawfish and boil for about 7 minutes, until crawfish turn red. Use a long-handled spoon to stir crawfish from the bottom to the top halfway through cooking.
- Ladle crawfish into bowls. Ladle broth over crawfish.