Boiled Eggs (Kai Tom)
Though boiled eggs are often eaten with relishes, they are also used as an ingredient in many different recipes. Perfectly boiled eggs will have bright yellow yolks.
Serves: 5Hands-on: 5 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 5 eggs
- Water to cover
- 2 tsp. vinegar
- 1 tsp. salt
- Place eggs in a pot in one layer and cover with cold water that reaches 2 inches above the eggs.
- Add vinegar and salt to the water. Bring water to a boil and remove the pan from heat.
- Cover the pot and let sit for 10 to 12 minutes.
- Place eggs in ice water or cool them off under cold running water.
- Cooked eggs can be stored for up to five days.