Bok Choy in Oyster Sauce
If you like, thicken the sauce by stirring in 1 teaspoon cornstarch mixed with 2 teaspoons water at the end of cooking. Stir quickly until the sauce has thickened and serve immediately.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 lb. bok choy
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 3 Tbsp. chicken broth
- 2 Tbsp. peanut oil
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- ½ tsp. salt
- Separate the leaves of the bok choy from the stalks. Cut the stalks diagonally into 2" pieces. Cut the leaves crosswise into 2" pieces.
- In a small bowl, stir the oyster sauce into the chicken broth. Set aside.
- Heat a wok or skillet over medium-high heat until it is almost smoking. Add the oil. When the oil is hot, add the crushed garlic. Stir-fry for 10 seconds.
- Add the bok choy stalks. Add the salt. Stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the leaves. Stir-fry for 1 more minute or until the bok choy turns bright green.
- Add the chicken broth/oyster sauce mixture into the wok. Bring to a boil. Stir-fry for 1 minute and serve hot.