“Impressive” is the right word for this gorgeous dessert. It features three layers of complementary ice creams, pressed into a bowl, then sliced and served. You’ll be giving yourself a pat on the back for this one!
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 2 hours 50 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 cups any flavor sorbet
- 3 cups complementary sorbet
- 2 cups complementary ice cream or sorbet
- Place a piece of plastic wrap on the inside of an 8"–9" bowl. Press 4 cups of chosen sorbet into the center and up the sides of the bowl, leaving a hollowed out space in the center. Place a slightly smaller bowl into the hollow, and freeze until set, roughly 45 minutes.
- Remove bowls from freezer, and remove the smaller bowl from the center. Into the bowl-shaped hollow, add your second sorbet, spreading and pressing it just as you did the first. Again, fill the hollow with an even smaller bowl, and freeze for 45 minutes.
- Take both bowls out of the freezer once again, remove center bowl, and fill with remaining ice cream or sorbet. Cover tightly in plastic, and return to freezer until ready to serve.
- Just before serving, remove bowl from freezer, and turn out the frozen sorbet onto a plate, flat side down. Peel off the plastic, and cut into serving-sized wedges.