Boneless Buffalo Wings
These buffalo wings are a copycat of the ones served at many popular casual restaurants. Whip them up for your family and friends and theyʼll swear you ordered take-out.
Serves: 8Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1⁄4 tsp. paprika
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup whole milk
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts (6 oz. each), cut into bite-size pieces
- 4 cups canola oil
- 1⁄2 cup Frank's hot sauce
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄2 cup blue cheese dressing
- In a medium bowl, combine salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, flour, and paprika. In another bowl, whisk together the egg and milk.
- Dip pieces of chicken into the egg mixture 1 or 2 at a time, then into the flour/spice mixture. Repeat so that each piece of chicken is coated. When all the chicken pieces have been breaded, arrange them on a plate and chill for 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat oil in deep fryer or skillet.
- Drop each piece of chicken into hot oil and fry for 5 to 6 minutes, or until the breading is golden brown. Repeat until all chicken is fried. Transfer fried chicken to a plate lined with paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
- In a small microwave-safe bowl, combine the hot sauce and butter. Microwave for 20 to 30 seconds, or just until the butter has melted.
- Place the chicken pieces into a covered container. Pour the sauce over the chicken, put the lid on, and shake gently until each piece of chicken is coated with sauce. Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing.