Boo Bugs with Bug-Catcher Dip
The classic “pigs in a blanket” become “bugs in a web” with the addition of potato legs and a clever use of condiments.
- 1 can (13.8 oz.) Pillsbury™ Refrigerated Pizza Crust
- 1 egg, beaten
- 24 cocktail-size smoked link sausages (from 14-oz. package)
- 3⁄4 cup shoestring potatoes or chow mein noodles
- 1 cup ranch dressing
- Ketchup, barbecue sauce or mustard, for decorating
- Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll dough; press to 12x9 inch rectangle. Cut dough into 12 strips (each 1-inch wide). Cut each strip in half crosswise, making 24 pieces.
- Wrap each piece of dough around center of each sausage, pinching to seal and leaving each end of sausage showing. Place seam side down and 1 inch apart on large greased cookie sheet. Brush with beaten egg.
- Bake 11 to 14 minutes or until golden brown. Immediately remove from cookie sheet; place on serving plate or tray. Cool 2 minutes.
- Insert shoestring potatoes into baked dough to look like legs and antennae. Decorate "bugs" with dots or stripes of ketchup.
- Spread dressing in 9-inch glass pie plate or on dinner plate. Spoon ketchup into small resealable food-storage plastic bag. Seal bag and cut tiny hole in bottom corner. Squeeze bag to draw a coil of ketchup over ranch dressing. Drag toothpick through coil from center out, creating a web. Serve dip with “bugs.”