Boston Crème Cake
Creamy custard-like filling and extra sweet chocolate topping recall the flavor of Boston cream pie. This easy-to-bake cake is sure to impress.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 35 minutesTotal: 3 hoursDifficulty: Medium
- 1 box (18.25 oz.) vanilla cake mix plus ingredients called for on box
- 1 package (3.9 oz.) instant French vanilla pudding mix plus ingredients for making pie filling
- 1 package (12 oz.) semisweet chocolate morsels
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- Preheat oven according to cake mix instructions. Grease and flour two layer cake pans. Set aside.
- Prepare cake batter and bake according to package instructions for a two-layer cake. Remove from oven and allow to cool completely.
- As cake cools, prepare pudding mix according to directions for pie filling found on pudding package.
- Spread pie filling evenly between the layers.
- In a microwave-safe bowl, combine chocolate morsels and heavy cream. Microwave for 1 minute. Remove from microwave and stir until smooth.
- Pour chocolate over cake, spreading evenly with rubber spatula. Allow cake to cool for 2 hours in the refrigerator before serving.