Bourbon, Brown Sugar, and Peach Sauce
Bourbon isn’t just for mint juleps and cocktails. In this brown sugar and peach sauce, the bourbon adds the right amount of smoky depth to balance the sweetness of the fruit and sugar. Try this sauce over ice cream or a fruit crumble.
Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutes
- 6 Tbsp. high-quality bourbon
- 4 Tbsp. pure clover honey
- 2 Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 2 Tbsp. unsalted butter
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. gluten-free pure vanilla extract
- 4 large peaches, peeled and sliced
- Heat bourbon, honey, sugar, cinnamon stick, and butter in a heavy saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook, stirring constantly, until sugar is dissolved, about 5 minutes. Stir in the lemon juice, vanilla, and peaches.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer until peaches are softened and almost caramelized, about 6–8 minutes.
- Remove the cinnamon stick. Transfer mixture to a blender and purée, or serve as is.