Bourbon and Chili Brownies
This recipe yields dense, chewy brownies with spicy hints of chili and bourbon.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate, roughly chopped
- 1 stick unsalted butter, softened, and cut into little cubes
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup bourbon
- ½ cup plus 1 Tbsp. all-purpose flour
- ⅛ tsp. salt
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ½ tsp. ancho chili powder
- Heat the oven to 350°F. Grease an 8" square baking pan.
- Combine chocolate and butter in a large, microwavable bowl. Microwave 20 seconds at a time until they are melted, stir until smooth. (You can also melt the chocolate and butter in a small saucepan on the stove.)
- Add sugar to chocolate mixture and stir to combine. Add eggs, one at a time, stirring after each until smooth. Stir in vanilla extract and bourbon.
- Add flour, salt, cinnamon, and chili powder. Stir gently until smooth.
- Pour mixture into baking pan and bake 20–25 minutes, until they are just set in the middle and a toothpick stuck in comes out clean. Let brownies cool before cutting.