Bourbon Coffee Ribs
Coffee adds great depth of flavor to a dry rib rub, while bourbon brings a distinct note of caramel to homemade BBQ glaze.
Serves: 8Prep: 30 minutesCook: 2 hours 50 minutesTotal: 3 hours 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 tablespoons smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon instant espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon coarse salt
- 1 tablespoon ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoons Kroger® Garlic Powder
- 2 slabs pork back ribs; membrane removed and patted dry
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Kroger® Dijon Mustard
- 2 teaspoons molasses
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon chili garlic sauce
- Heat oven to 300°F. Line a rimmed baking sheet with foil and place a wire cooling rack on top; set aside.
- In a small bowl mix together paprika, brown sugar, espresso powder, salt, pepper and garlic. Season ribs with spice mixture, patting it into the meat on both sides.
- Place ribs on prepared pan. Pour apple juice on pan under ribs. Cover with foil and bake 1½ -2 hours or until tender. Remove foil; cook an additional 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a small saucepan whisk together honey, bourbon, Dijon mustard, molasses, soy sauce and chili garlic sauce to make the glaze. Bring to a simmer; cook for 5 minutes. Set aside.
- Turn oven to 500°F. Brush the ribs with the bourbon glaze. Cook 5 minutes; brush with more glaze; cook and additional 5 minutes. Remove from the oven; brush one more time with glaze. Cover loosely and allow to rest 10 minutes before serving.
- Refrigerate leftovers.