Bourbon Ginger Maple Pecan Pie
Pecans are combined with spices, maple syrup and bourbon to create a better-for-you version of a holiday classic. Can be served with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.
Serves: 8Prep: 10 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 package Rolled Pie Crusts, room temperature
- 4 large eggs, divided
- 3⁄4 cup dark brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄2 cup Grade A dark maple syrup
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon Private Selection™ Ground Ginger
- 1⁄4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 2 cups Pecan Pieces
- 1 tablespoon water
- Private Selection™ Double Vanilla Ice Cream, to serve
- Extra Creamy Whipped Cream, to serve
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place 1 pie crust in a 9” inch pie pan and crimp edges decoratively.
- Use decorative leaf cutters to cut shapes out of the second pie crust and set aside.
- Whisk together brown sugar, maple syrup, 3 eggs, bourbon, ginger and kosher salt. Add pecan pieces.
- Put prepared pie pan on a rimmed baking sheet and fill with pecan mixture. Brush crimped edges of pie crust with mixture of 1 egg beaten with water. Place the shapes in desired pattern around pie.
- Bake for 24-30 minutes, turning halfway through, until the filling has set and is slightly jiggly in the center.
- Remove from the oven and cool on a rack before serving with vanilla ice cream or whipped cream.