Bourbon-spiked BBQ sauce makes these meatballs perfect for your Derby Day party.
Serves: 45Prep: 30 minutesCook: 30 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 2 pounds lean ground beef
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1⁄2 teaspoon Kroger® Minced Garlic
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups sweet and tangy barbecue sauce
- 1⁄2 cup bourbon
- Heat oven to 375°F.
- In a large bowl add breadcrumbs and milk; allow to stand a few minutes until milk is absorbed. Add remaining meatball ingredients; mix gently but thoroughly. Form into 1½” balls. Place on a rimmed baking sheet; bake 20-25 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165°F.
- Meanwhile combine barbecue sauce and bourbon in a 3-quart saucepan over medium heat. Allow to simmer for 10-12 minutes.
- Add meatballs to sauce; cook 12-15 minutes to blend flavors.
- Refrigerate leftovers.