Bourbon Pecan Blondies
The caramel and vanilla undertones of bourbon make it a great option to add to these sweet treats.
Serves: 24Prep: 20 minutesCook: 1 hourTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons bourbon
- 1 tablespoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup toasted pecan pieces
- Heat oven to 375°F. Line a 9”x13” pan with foil or parchment paper allowing at least 1” to overhang the edges. Butter or spray; set aside.
- In a skillet melt butter over medium-low heat. Allow to continue cooking until lightly browned. Remove from heat, pour into a large mixing bowl and refrigerate for 15 minutes to cool.
- Add brown sugar, eggs, bourbon and vanilla to the brown butter; mix well. Stir in flour, baking powder and salt until combined. Stir in pecans. Spread in prepared pan.
- Bake 14-16 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Allow to cool.
- Remove from pan using parchment overhang; cut into squares.