Bourbon Street Chicken Thighs
Creole seasoned chicken baked with a sticky, sweet bourbon sauce.
Serves: 6Prep: 15 minutesCook: 4 hours 15 minutesTotal: 4 hours 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 teaspoons Cajun spice blend
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup bourbon
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons fresh grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon fresh grated garlic
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon water
- Place chicken in a baking dish; season with Cajun spice blend.
- In a bowl whisk together vinegar, bourbon, soy sauce, brown sugar, ginger and garlic. Pour over chicken and cover pan; refrigerate 4 hours or overnight.
- Heat oven to 375°F. Bake chicken 30-35 minutes or until internal temperature reached 165°F. Transfer chicken to serving plate.
- Pour remaining sauce from baking pan to a small sauce pan over medium heat; bring to boil. Mix together cornstarch and water; whisk into sauce. Cook 1-2 minutes until thickened. Pour over chicken.
- Refrigerate leftovers.