Braised Lima Beans with Bacon
For a tomato-based dish, add 1 or 2 peeled and diced plum tomatoes (and their juice) when you add the lima beans and add an additional
Serves: 4Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and diced
- 1 medium clove garlic, minced
- 1 bag (1 lb.) frozen lima beans, thawed
- ¼ cup water
- ¼ tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Add bacon to a pressure cooker and fry over medium-high heat until almost crisp. Add onion and sauté for 3 minutes or until soft.
- Stir in garlic; sauté for 30 seconds. Stir in lima beans, water, and pepper.
- Lock the lid into place and bring to high pressure; maintain pressure for 10 minutes. Remove the pressure cooker from the heat and allow the pressure to release naturally for 10 minutes.
- Quick-release any remaining pressure and remove the lid. Stir in parsley. Transfer to a serving bowl and serve.