Braised Sweet and Spicy Baby Potatoes (Gamja Jorim)
These sweet and spicy baby potatoes are the perfect bite-sized appetizer for any party, or ideal side dish to complement any meal. Dip each perfectly moist potato into the homemade sauce for maximum enjoyment.
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 25 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 pound baby Yukon gold potatoes, rinsed
- 2 cups water
- 1⁄4 cup Kikkoman® Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Kikkoman® Manjo Aji-Mirin Sweet Cooking Rice Seasoning
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 4 tablespoons Private Selection™ Grade A Maple Syrup, divided
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons sesame seeds
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili flakes
- In a saucepan, combine water, soy sauce, cooking rice seasoning, sesame oil, 3 tablespoons maple syrup, green onions, garlic cloves, sesame seeds, chili flakes and potatoes; heat to simmer.
- Cover and cook 16-20 minutes. Turn heat to low, uncover and continue cooking 5 minutes to let sauce thicken. Remove potatoes.
- Add remaining tablespoon of maple syrup to sauce. Serve with sauce on side.