Brandied Plum Jam
The addition of the blackberry brandy really brings out the flavor of the plums, but you can use other flavors of brandy.
Makes: 4 pintsHands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 40 minutesDifficulty: Medium
Makes: 4 pints
- 4 lbs. plums, pitted and chopped
- ¾ cup water
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1 package powdered pectin
- 7 cups sugar
- 1 cup blackberry brandy
- Combine plums, water, lemon juice, and pectin in a large stockpot. Bring to a rolling boil over high heat, stirring constantly. Add sugar and return to a rolling boil. Boil hard for 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat and stir in blackberry brandy.
- Ladle into sterilized jars, leaving ¼" headspace. Wipe rims. Cap and seal. Process 10 minutes in a water-bath canner.