Brandied Sweet Potato Pie
Brandy, warm spices, and creamy sweet potato create a pie that is perfect to celebrate the season!
Serves: 8Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 4 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 2 cups mashed sweet potatoes
- 3⁄4 cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1⁄4 tsp. salt
- 1⁄4 tsp. allspice
- 1⁄8 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- 2 Tbsp. brandy
- 2 eggs
- 12 oz. evaporated milk
- 1 pie shell (9 inches), unbaked
- Heat the oven to 425°F.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the light brown sugar, cinnamon, salt, allspice, and nutmeg until well combined. Add the brandy, eggs, sweet potato, and evaporated milk and whisk until smooth.
- Pour the mixture into the pastry crust and place on a baking sheet. Bake in the lower third of the oven for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350°F and bake for an additional 40 to 45 minutes, or until the filling is set at the edges and just slightly wobbly in the center. Cool for 3 hours on a wire rack before slicing.