Brats and Red Cabbage
Usually accompanied with jarred kraut or red cabbage, sausages are satisfying meals and easy to prepare. Save leftovers for lunch.
Serves: 2Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 Tbsp. olive oil
- 8 oz. bratwurst links
- ½ cup chopped white onion
- ½ cup cooked red cabbage, rinsed
- ⅛ tsp. seasoned salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- ½ tsp. caraway seeds
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- Heat the oil in a medium-sized nonstick skillet over medium heat. Add the brats and cook, turning occasionally, until just starting to brown, about 8 minutes. Add the onions and cook until soft, stirring frequently, about 5 minutes. Add the cabbage, salt, pepper, and caraway seeds (if using); stir and cook until heated through, about 4 minutes.
- To serve, place half of the cabbage on a serving plate, top with a sliced bratwurst, and serve the Dijon on the side.