Brazilian Chocolate Fudge Truffles (Brigadeiros)
Brigadeiros are very simple to make and delicious. These truffles are named after a famous 1940s brigadier general named Eduardo Gomes, who must have liked chocolate.
Serves: 16Hands-on: 45 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup chocolate sprinkles
- Place the condensed milk, cocoa powder, and salt in a heavy saucepan. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly. Mixture should not boil. Cook until mixture thickens, turns shiny, and starts to come together and pull away from the sides of the pan (about 10–15 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the butter. Set mixture aside until cool enough to handle.
- With buttered hands, take some of the chocolate mixture and roll it between the palms of your hands to form a 1" ball. Repeat with remaining chocolate mixture.
- Roll each candy in the chocolate sprinkles to coat. Place in individual fluted paper cups to serve. Store candies in an airtight container for up to 1 week.