Brazilian Coconut Rice (Arroz com Coco)
Coconut rice has a bit of tropical flair, and goes well with both seafood and chicken.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ cups long-grain white rice
- 2 Tbsp. butter
- ½ cup flaked unsweetened coconut
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 can (13.5 oz.) coconut milk
- 1½ cups water
- Rinse the rice several times with water and set aside.
- Place the butter in a medium saucepan over medium heat. Add the shredded coconut and cook for 1–2 minutes. Add the rice and salt and cook for 2–3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add the coconut milk and water. Cover the pot and reduce the heat to low. Cook for 15 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside, covered, for 10 minutes.
- Remove cover. Fluff rice with a fork before serving.