Brazilian Ground Beef Kebobs (Espetinho de Carne Moída)
These beef skewers can be browned on a stovetop in a cast-iron skillet or cooked on the grill. Serve the skewers with pita bread and a salad of lettuce, tomato, and onion with vinaigrette, and tahini sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 25 minutesTotal: 25 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1½ lbs. ground beef
- 2 Tbsp. finely minced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. dried parsley
- 1 Tbsp. minced scallions
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. paprika
- 1 Tbsp. prepared mustard
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. vegetable oil
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- In a medium bowl, gently mix the ground beef, onion, garlic, parsley, scallions, cumin, paprika, mustard, salt, and pepper.
- Take about ⅓ cup of the mixture (or more, depending on desired size) and shape it around a large wooden skewer into an oblong, hot dog–like shape. Repeat with remaining ground-beef mixture.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Brown the skewers on all sides, brushing them with the soy sauce as they cook. Cut into one of the skewers to test for doneness—cook until meat is browned all the way through—about 8–10 minutes.