Brazilian Hot Cocoa
Instant cocoa mix can’t compare to this rich drink, which gets its flavor from real chocolate and strong coffee.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 oz. bittersweet chocolate
- 4 oz. semisweet chocolate
- 1¾ cups boiling water
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 cup coffee cream
- ½ cup strongly brewed coffee
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- Break the chocolate into pieces. In a medium saucepan, bring the water to a boil. Add the chocolate and melt in the boiling water, stirring continuously. Remove the melted chocolate from the heat and cool.
- In a large saucepan, heat the milk and coffee cream until nearly boiling. Add the hot coffee and sugar, stirring continuously to dissolve the sugar. Stir in the melted chocolate. Serve hot.