Brazilian Kale Salad with Mango (Salada de Couve com Manga)
Salads such as this one made with shredded kale are very common in Brazil.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 bunch kale, stems removed and chopped into very thin ribbons
- 1 medium ripe mango, peeled, pitted, and chopped
- 1 medium red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1⁄4 cup minced red onion
- 3 Tbsp. orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp. honey
- 1 tsp. minced fresh ginger
- 1⁄2 tsp. salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 4 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup toasted pumpkin or sunflower seeds
- Place kale in a large bowl. Add mango, bell pepper, and onion.
- In a small bowl, whisk the orange juice, rice vinegar, honey, ginger, salt, and black pepper. Add the olive oil gradually and whisk to mix.
- When ready to serve, toss the kale with the dressing and garnish with the seeds.