Brazilian Rice Croquettes with Sausage (Bolinho de Arroz com Salsicha)
These irresistible croquettes are a great way to use up leftover rice.
Serves: 12Hands-on: 30 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 large eggs
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup very fine breadcrumbs
- 1 cup crumbled cooked sausage
- 3 cups vegetable oil
- In a large bowl, mix together rice, eggs, Parmesan, salt, and pepper.
- Place bread crumbs in a shallow bowl.
- Form the rice mixture into walnut-size balls, and press a piece of sausage in the middle of each. Close rice mixture around the sausage and shape into a smooth ball. Roll each ball in the breadcrumbs to coat.
- Heat the oil in a deep skillet or large heavy saucepan to 350°F. Fry the croquettes in the oil until golden brown. Drain the croquettes on paper towels and serve warm.