Bread Pudding with Fruits
Vibrant fruits, citrus juice, creamy milk, and aromatic spices pack this bread pudding with so many naturally wonderful flavors that this clean recipe takeover of a traditionally heavy classic is surprisingly light and luscious.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 9 hoursDifficulty: Easy
- 1 loaf (20 oz.) stale whole-grain bread, torn into cubes
- 2 cups sliced strawberries
- 2 cups blueberries
- 2 cups chopped mango
- 2 cups vanilla almond milk
- 4 Tbsp. freshly squeezed orange juice
- 1 Tbsp. vanilla extract
- ¼ cup unsweetened applesauce
- 4 large eggs
- 2 egg whites
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground nutmeg
- Prepare a 9" × 13" baking dish with olive oil spray.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bread and fruit, mix well, and place in the prepared baking dish.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the almond milk, orange juice, vanilla, applesauce, eggs, and egg whites, and beat together to blend well. Pour the liquid mixture over the bread and fruit and sprinkle with the cinnamon and nutmeg. Cover, refrigerate, and let the bread absorb the liquid overnight. Remove from the refrigerator 1 hour before baking.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F, and bake for 35–45 minutes or until the pudding is firm and lightly browned.