Bread Pudding with Peaches and Butterscotch Sauce
This wonderful bread pudding has it all! The diced peaches shine like jewels in this delicious dessert.
Serves: 10Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 1 hour 20 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 2 1⁄2 cups diced fresh peaches
- 1⁄4 cup peach nectar
- 4 cups soft bread pieces
- 2 Tbsp. butter, melted
- 4 large eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 3⁄4 cups whole milk
- 2 tsp. vanilla extract, divided
- 1 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2⁄3 cup light corn syrup
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄8 tsp. baking soda
- 2⁄3 cup evaporated milk
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, combine diced peaches and peach nectar; simmer for 5 minutes or until peaches are tender.
- Preheat oven to 325°F. Butter a 2-quart baking dish.
- Arrange torn bread pieces in the prepared baking dish. Drizzle melted butter over bread. Add peach mixture and toss to combine ingredients.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together eggs, sugar, milk, and 1 teaspoon vanilla; pour mixture over bread and peach mixture and stir gently to combine ingredients.
- Set the pan in a larger pan; pour very hot water into the larger pan to a depth of about 1 inch. Bake for 1 hour or until pudding is set. A knife should come out clean when inserted near the center.
- While the bread pudding is baking, make the butterscotch sauce: Combine brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter in a small saucepan over medium heat. Bring to a full rolling boil, stirring constantly. Continue cooking, without stirring, at a full rolling boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat and let stand for 5 minutes. In a small cup, dissolve baking soda in milk and add vanilla; stir into sauce. Stir until smooth.
- Pour butterscotch sauce over bread pudding before serving.