Breaded Chicken Breast
Processing two or three pieces of crustless bread (cut into quarters) through your food processor easily makes fresh breadcrumbs.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 30 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (5 oz. each)
- 1⁄2 tsp. seasoned salt
- 1⁄2 tsp. ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp. Dijon mustard
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 tsp. snipped chives
- 1⁄4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 2 Tbsp. minced shallots
- 1⁄2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Line a small baking pan with foil. Rinse the chicken under cold, running water and pat dry with paper towels. Season the chicken with seasoned salt and black pepper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, mix together the mustard, lemon juice, olive oil, chives, and crushed red pepper. Add the shallots and combine.
- Dip the chicken in the mustard mixture to coat evenly and place in the center of the lined baking pan. Press the breadcrumbs in an even layer over the top of the chicken. Bake, uncovered, until the juices run clear and the topping is browned, about 20 minutes. Serve hot.