Breaded Chicken Cutlets with Lemon Sauce and Roasted Potatoes
For this rustically elegant and delicious meal, roast Yukon gold potatoes, fry breaded chicken cutlets in olive oil, make a simple lemon sauce.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 40 minutesTotal: 1 hourDifficulty: Medium
- 2 Yukon Gold potatoes, peeled and sliced thick
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup plus 1 Tbs. olive oil, divided
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary, leaves removed from stem
- 4 chicken cutlets, pounded until 1⁄8 inch thick
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄4 cup fine breadcrumbs
- 2 Tbsp. Parmesan cheese, finely grated
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1⁄4 cup chopped white onion
- 3 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- Set oven to 400˚F. On a large, rimmed baking sheet, toss potato slices with 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper, and 1 tablespoon olive oil. Roast for about 20 minutes, turning halfway through, or until tender inside and browned.
- On shallow plate, combine flour, remaining 1⁄2 teaspoon salt, and 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper. In a shallow bowl, whisk eggs until frothy. In another shallow bowl, mix bread crumbs with Parmesan cheese. Dredge pounded cutlets in flour mixture and shake off excess. Next, dredge cutlet in eggs and drip off excess. Finally, dredge cutlet in breadcrumbs, pressing to coat.
- In large non-stick skillet over medium-high heat, heat remaining 1⁄4 cup olive oil until shimmering. Working in batches, add cutlets and cook for 5 minutes on each side, turning once, until lightly browned at edges. Remove to plate lined with paper towels and keep warm. Wipe out the skillet with paper towels and return to the stove to make the sauce.
- Add butter to skillet over medium heat. Add onions and cook and stir for 2 minutes; add lemon juice, and chicken broth; bring to a boil. Boil for 3 minutes until sauce is reduced. Pour sauce over chicken and serve with potatoes