You could use any mild white fish in place of the walleye: flounder, cod, or orange roughy would work well.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 35 minutesDifficulty: Medium
- 4 medium carrots, peeled and sliced
- 6 walleye fillets (6 oz.)
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground black pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chicken broth
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 onion, peeled and minced
- 3 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 2 Tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 cups soft breadcrumbs
- 1⁄4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 Tbsp. minced fresh parsley
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Place carrots in a baking dish. Place fish fillets on top of carrots and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Pour chicken broth into bottom of pan around fillets; set aside.
- In medium saucepan, melt butter over medium heat. Add onion and garlic; cook and stir until tender, about 5 to 6 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in lemon juice. Then add breadcrumbs, cheese, and parsley.
- Pat topping on the fillets to cover the top completely. Bake for 15 to 20 minutes until topping is golden brown and fish flakes when tested with fork. Serve immediately.