Breakfast Banana Bars
Breakfast bars are perfect for the on-the-run breakfast. Make these bars over the weekend, and they will be ready for the hectic week ahead!
Serves: 30Hands-on: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick cooking spray
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 jar (10 oz.) low-sugar apricot preserves
- ½ cup butter
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ¾ cup whole wheat flour
- ½ tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- 3 medium bananas, peeled and mashed
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray 13" × 9" pan with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine sugar, preserves, butter, vanilla, and eggs. Blend well. Stir in by hand the flours, baking powder, baking soda, and bananas. Stir until moistened.
- Pour into baking pan. Bake 25 minutes until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Cool, then cut into bars. Keeps for several days in an air-tight container.