Who doesn’t love enchiladas? The melted cheese mixed with the flavors of the sauce and meat are delicious. Combine this with breakfast, the best meal of the day!
Serves: 8Prep: 25 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 45 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Cooking spray
- 3 cans (10 oz. each) green enchilada sauce
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 10 small breakfast sausage links
- 12 eggs, whisked
- 2 avocados, diced
- 1 can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 3 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 1⁄4 cup green onions, thinly sliced
- 1⁄2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 10 large flour tortillas
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Spray a 9”x13” baking dish with cooking spray.
- Spread ⅓ cup of sauce on the pan and set it aside.
- Dice the sausage links and cook them in the oil until they're golden brown. Once cooked, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Cook the eggs for about 7 minutes or until scrambled. Set them aside.
- Add sauce to a large plate. Lay your first tortilla on the plate, coating it with the sauce. In the middle of the tortilla, add eggs, sausage, black beans, cilantro, onions and cheese. Tightly roll the enchilada and place it in the baking dish. Repeat these steps with the rest of the tortillas. The tighter you roll them, the more you’ll fit in the dish.
- Once all of the enchiladas are rolled and placed in the baking dish, spread about ½ cup of sauce over them; sprinkle the top with the shredded cheese.
- Place the dish in the oven for 20 minutes.
- Let the enchiladas cool for a few minutes; then top the melted deliciousness with fresh cilantro, onions and avocado (you can also add some black beans if any remain).
- If you want to get fancy, add sour cream to the top.
- The only thing left is to enjoy!