Breakfast Fruit Bars
Deliciously portable, these nutrient-packed goodies taste like a cross between a granola bar and a blueberry muffin. Note that you may use fresh or frozen cranberries in place of the blueberries.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 55 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- ¼ lb. butter, softened
- ¾ cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 cup dried blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF. Butter and flour an 8" × 8" baking pan.
- Beat the butter with the sugars until creamy. Add the eggs, one at a time, and beat well after each addition. Beat in the vanilla extract.
- Stir or beat in the oats, flour, baking power, and salt until well combined. Fold in the blueberries. Spoon the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Bake for about 40 minutes or until the center feels firm, the edges are brown, and a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean. Remove and set aside to cool.