Breakfast Quinoa and Fruit
The best part about this breakfast quinoa is that you can mix and match the fruit plus yogurt – depending on what you have on hand!
Serves: 4Prep: 10 minutesCook: 20 minutesTotal: 30 minutes
- 1/2 cup quinoa seeds (uncooked)
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 1/2 cups almond milk
- 2 teaspoons honey or turbinado sugar
- 1/2 cup Greek yogurt, any flavor
- 1/2 cup fresh fruit
- 1/4 cup walnuts or salted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 cup chocolate morsels, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds or granola (if desired)
- To cook the quinoa: In 1 quart saucepan combine water, ½ cup almond milk, honey and quinoa seeds over high heat. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to medium-low; simmer, covered, until water is absorbed. Fluff with fork. Let cool.
- In large bowl, mix cooked quinoa, 1 cup almond milk, honey, flavored yogurt and fruits of your choice.
- Store in airtight container in the refrigerator if not serving immediately.
- When serving, top with chocolate morsels, shredded coconut, walnuts, almonds, or granola (if desired).