Breakfast Quinoa with Apricots
Quinoa is a protein-packed seed grown in the Andes mountains of South America.
Serves: 4Hands-on: 10 minutesTotal: 3 hours 10 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- 1 cup quinoa, rinsed
- 2 cups water, heated to a simmer
- 1 pear, thinly sliced
- 1 packed Tbsp. dark brown sugar
- ½ tsp. ground ginger
- ¼ tsp. cinnamon
- ⅛ tsp. cloves
- ⅛ tsp. nutmeg
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- Spray the inside of a 4-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Add all the ingredients except the dried apricots and stir. Cover and cook on low for 2–3 hours, or until the quinoa is fully cooked. Stir in the dried apricots and serve.