Serve this as you would cooked oatmeal: topped with additional brown sugar, raisins or other dried fruit, and milk.
Serves: 6Hands-on: 15 minutesTotal: 7 hours 15 minutesDifficulty: Easy
- Nonstick olive oil cooking spray
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1½ cups Arborio rice
- 3 small apples, peeled, cored, and sliced
- ⅛ tsp. freshly ground nutmeg
- ⅛ tsp. ground cloves
- ⅛ tsp. kosher salt
- ⅓ cup packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup apple juice
- 3 cups whole milk
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Spray the inside of a 4- to 5-quart slow cooker with cooking spray. Add butter and rice to the slow cooker; stir to coat the rice in the butter.
- Add the remaining ingredients and stir to combine. Cover and cook on low for 6–7 hours or on high for 2–3 hours until the rice is cooked through and is firm, but not mushy.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon, and serve immediately.